Open the box, grab your scissors, and you can get going with this project right away. This is the everything-but-the-scissors kit that includes the tutorial, pattern and all the supplies you need to get you started making easy-to-sew miniature critter in an afternoon. No need to traipse around stores or line up materials online.
Your pig can be a finger puppet that peeks out of the top of a stocking, an ornament for your tree or tablescape, a dollhouse character or a very special package topper. You can leave your pig simple, with a tie around its neck, or continue to make a character costume using fabric scraps and notions you already have on hand. (To order the pattern only with no supplies, click here to order the PDF downloadable pattern version, or here to order the printed pattern version mailed to your address.)
If you're new to sewing, you'll find the instructions beginner-friendly whether you have a sewing machine or want to learn hand-stitching techniques for toymaking. Children under 10 will most likely need adult accompaniment in order to succeed unless they already have a bit of sewing experience. If you're more experienced at sewing, you'll find lots of creative costume and accessories options for exercising your imagination. For some ideas to get you started, visit the Design-Your-Own page or our Customers' Character Gallery.
Pigs are about 4 inches tall, so they fit right into the 1:12 standard for dollhouses.
Making a batch of little piglets could be a great way to prep for the holidays this year. Make different characters and/or enlist the children in your life to design costumes for the characters. Please note: pigs have small parts and are not suitable for children under 3.
In addition to the 24-page tutorial booklet and cardstock pattern, the kit includes:
• Body fabric: 100% wool felt
• Eyes: Opaque black glass seed beads - 3mm (6/0), 4 beads
- body: all-purpose thread
- eyes: button & craft thread
• Fabric glue
• Polyester stuffing or cotton ball: small amount for head
• 2 Clothespins to use for clamps
• 2 Stands
• Fine-point black ballpoint pen for snout
• Glue: Aleene’s Fabric Fusion. (Our favorite glue, Beacon Fabric-tac, can't go on an airplane due to flammability concerns. That means for safe shipping during the holiday season we need to send your kit with Fabric Fusion. It takes a bit longer to set but is quicker and more reliable to get to you.)
This pattern is for personal use only. If you have any questions, please email me at info email@example.com.